Emotional skills are an important part of early childhood education. This includes a child’s emotional regulation, social awareness, and self-awareness. While tantrums are essential, it is also important to help them lessen these emotional outbursts.
As the leading preschool in New Jersey, we have dealt with a great number of tantrums for different reasons. Allow us to share our expert tips on how to make them less likely.
- Create a daily schedule for your child- so they know what to expect. Maintain a regular schedule as much as possible, including naps, mealtime, playtime, study time, and bedtime.
- Only run your errands when your child is well-rested or has already eaten. You can also bring a snack or a small toy to keep them busy if you anticipate having to wait in line.
- Allow your child to make decisions. Refrain from turning down everything. Allowing them to make decisions can help them feel a little sense of control.
- Give your child attention when they behave nicely. When they follow your instructions, give them a hug or a little treat.
- Avoid situations that might cause temper tantrums. For example, avoid candy shops if your child often begs for sweets while you are out shopping.
If you are looking for child care services in East Orange, New Jersey, then you don’t have to look further than One Step Ahead Learning Center.
We offer high-quality kindergarten and nursery education. Our goal is to help parents nourish and develop their child’s full potential to build a foundation for their future.