We understand how excited you must be, as parents, for your child’s first day of school. However, that might not be the case for your child. Some children may feel nervous and even stressed. But because early childhood education is an important part of their overall development, parents need to find strategies to help their children push through.
As a provider of child care, allow us to help. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Find time to bring them shopping for their school supplies. They will more likely be excited to use the things they pick for themselves.
- Ask them about how they feel. Are they excited? Are they nervous? Do they want to meet new friends? Do they want to try new activities?
- Let them get up in the morning a week before the first day. Set their expectations about how each day will usually go so they can be ready.
- You can set an appointment with the school so your child can visit before classes start. Ask them if your child can meet his/her teacher and tour the school grounds.
- Read aloud books or tell them stories about starting school. Their jitters may lessen if they hear about characters they can relate to.
Are you looking for high standards of child care services in East Orange, New Jersey? Then you are in the right place. One Step Ahead Learning Center has got you covered.
We provide child learning programs that aim to foster holistic growth and development. We want every student to be fully prepared for what lies ahead.